15 May 2009

Simple V-Neck Maxi Dress with Sash




Materials
Printed Japanese Cotton
Long hidden zipper

Duration
Close to 24hrs

Cost
RM39.35 for the fabric and zipper (estimate)



Description
This isn't a recent sewing project. I made this particular dress for my company's annual dinner end of last year. The theme was 60s & 70s. After a little research, it just so happens that the maxi dress was famous in the 70s (apart from the hippie bohemian and saturday night fever looks). Again, referring to Ms Rozita's bridal pattern book (page 47) and opting for a subtle A-line cut which is quite the safer option. To add more definition, I quickly whipped up a matching sash/obi belt inspired by the tutorial on CraftStylish.com here.

Difficulties
Since this was more or less my first attempt at dress-making, I had some trouble finishing the neckline and arm openings. The zipper took a bit of work as well as the fitting. The seams are still raw since at the time I haven't bought my Singer 14N655 overlocker yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment